The History of Littlerock Community
A few dedi-cated Christians founded the Littlerock
Community Church. They first met in homes, and then at the Alpine
Elementary School located on Pearblossom Highway. The Church was
chartered on February 20, 1931 by the Los Angeles Presbytery. When
they had grown large enough and diligently had saved for property
and the building of a new church, they built the first sanctuary
in 1942, which is now the Fellowship Hall. With different part time
pastors and interim pastors, they continued to grow. In 1957, they
built a new Sanctuary, where worship services are presently held
For over 15 years, the church was yoked with the
Community Presbyterian Church of Acton. Pastors and interns would
lead worship at the Acton Church at 9:00am and at the Littlerock
Church at 11:00am. During this period both churches had not grown
and membership and attendance had severely declined. As soon as
both churches were able to hire full time pastors, both churches
started to see some healthy growth.
The Reverend Doctor Robert and Luella Frisbee
served our pastoral needs from 1985 until 1998. In May 1999, Rev.
Bob became Pastor Emeritus by a unanimous vote of the Congregation
Under Pastor Bob's leadership the church had begun a Hispanic Ministry
in 1991 with Ismael Gonzales from Santa Ana, California and Mrs.
Mercedes Cevallos. In July 1993, the San Fernando Presbytery brought
the Reverend Angel Becerra and his family from Guatemala to expand
ministry to the Hispanic community in the Antelope Valley. After
meeting at the Littlerock church for several years, the church would
eventually become a New Church Development in the Presbytery and
is currently meeting in a recently purchased and renovated building
The Reverend Doctor Krin J. Van Tatenhove was
installed as the pastor on July 29, 2001. Pastor Krin came to us
from Palm Springs, California. Pastor Krin was called to serve another
church on October 1, 2005.
On November 19, 2006 The Reverend K.C.Wahe was
called to serve as our new pastor. Pastor K.C. prior to coming to
Littlerock served in youth ministry for close to 16 years at churches
in Hollywood, Burbank, New Jersey, and in Sacramento, California.
While in New Jersey he attended the Princeton Theological Seminary
where he graduated in May 2003 and was ordained as a Minister of
Word and Sacrament in the Presbyterian Church USA by the Presbytery
of San Fernando. We are thankful for Pastor K.C. and his family
as we continue to serve Christ together here in Littlerock and in
the Antelope Valley.
On October 12, 2014, The Reverend Kevin Christopher
(K.C.) Wahe was called to serve another church. We will greatly
miss him, but we know that God needs him else where. We will now,
though God's guidance, find a new pastor who will guide us on the
path that God has set before us
Last updated on October 24, 2014